Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Buffy Season Eight: Thanks Joss!


Are you still bummed like I am that “Buffy The Vampire Slayer” was taken off the air in the seventh season? Did you ever wonder what happened to the Scoobies?

Well, never say that Joss Whedon doesn’t have your best interests in mind. Joss and Dark Horse Comics recently released a “Buffy Season Eight” series.

SPOILER WARNING

This story picks up a year or two after we last saw our friends. The slayers have turned into a kind of international military force to eradicate demons around the world. Buffy does a great job as their leader (as we saw in Season 7), but gives up her personal life in the process.

The main characters have all grown a lot. They seem like confident adults now, not the kids of seasons past. Their trials have hardened their outlook on life, but from time to time, we see glimpses of their old selves. Old friends and enemies return, and the greatest challenge the gang has ever faced my come from the human race itself.

I think we are going to see all sorts of new directions for the “Buffyverse”. From new characters to stuff we could have never seen on a TV budget, this new incarnation of Buffy looks to be really good.

The covers are beautiful. I was shocked when I saw them. It made me want to watch my Buffy DVD’s all over again.

Now if we could just get Seasons 2-8 of “Firefly” released as well (hint, hint Joss) I’d be happy.

1 comment:

Dr. Sue said...

Gee, thanks for the anonymous spam post. If you are really using the widgets, why not show us your web page so we can see it in action?