Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Safari Beta -- Google works great!


In a nice addition to the new Safari Beta released by Apple on Monday, it seems that all the problems that drove me away from using Safari with anything Google has now been fixed. I must say that I did forget how fast Safari moves vs. Firefox.

I'm rediscovering browser simplicity. Sure I don't have all the cool Firefox plugins, but I never really used them. Safari 3.0 beta takes me back to just tabs and speed. Isn't that what the net is all about?

I haven't had a chance to do anything with the Safari Beta on Windows yet. I would love to hear from anyone that has given it a go.

4 comments:

Dr. Sue said...

Where are the tabs? I need tabs! I also need a pulldown menu of previously visited sites.

Jamie Sundsbak said...

Tabs are a control click away (stupid in my opinion). Also just click and hold in the left arrow button that will give you a list of previously viewed sites.

The best features are dragging links in websites to the tab bar and it will open the window in a new tab. For some reason, I really like that.

Dr. Sue said...

Yeah, I was tinkering with it the other day and finally found the tabs stuff, but it is really lame. You are right, it is faster, but I need there to be a tab button. Is there a way to open an empty tab? I only saw the control click option to open new links, but sometimes I want a new tab without an existing link.

Jamie Sundsbak said...

Try control + T