Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The "Semi" Official Launch of RRR AV!

OK, so Friday turned into Tuesday (big damn surprise).

I'm happy to announce the beginning of a new section of Really Random Reviews...our AV section. I hope to be able to post many different types of reviews and give you a little more to look at than just text. I'm also hoping that this will increase the readership of RRR as well as give myself another outlet to showcase my (questionable) creative talents.

I was working on a really awesome video that would have explained the launch, but unfortunately the audio track was eaten by a crashing Garage Band as I was getting it ready to upload last night. So what you see here is my (terrible) intro for the AV section of RRR. Can you tell that I was pissed when I shot this desperate video?

Note: This video is permanently taken down because it's not working well with Firefox. (you aren't missing anything).

Don't worry, this isn't the type of video I'm hoping to post regularly. I will be experimenting will all sorts of fun ways to bring you great reviews.

We will still provide you with great reviews of "mainstream" products, but I really want to showcase the talents of everyone out there on the web. I am going to try and incorporate as much Creative Commons works as I can into my reviews. I will also be diving deep into the web to bring you exclusive stuff that you may not already know about.

Give me a few weeks to complete the site redesign as well as get a few test videos out there. Then let me know what you think.

No comments: