Saturday, August 22, 2009

Audible Takes A "Snail Mail" Approach

Nice Marketing Trick
Something unique was put into my mailbox the other day.  I'm not talking about my email box, but my mail box.  
It seems that Audible.com has come up with a unique idea.  Apparently, they weren't having very good luck with the email response setting up their new email mailing list.  So someone in their marketing department decided to send all current Audible customers a PHYSICAL LETTER asking them to sign up for the mailing list.  They even gave us an Audible credit (good for one download) for signing up.  
A lot of people would see this as an intrusion.  I actually felt it was more personal and got my attention a lot faster than an email that in all likelihood would have ended up in my spam folder.  
Audible has really been at the forefront of advertising by supporting podcasts and vidcasts.  Now they have taken a more traditional "snail mail" approach and still made it seem fresh.  
That marketing guy at Audible needs a raise.  
Now if they could just work on the integration of iTunes Audible books with their Audible website.  It would really be the perfect service.  I just want to be able to use my subscription credits with the iTunes store.  
Well, I had to complain about something.......

No comments: